This is a recent fire that started in a residential attic. The fire started when some flammable material was left in front of a skylight, which ignited under extreme heat. The fire started in the attic, and spread down to one side of the house. SERVPRO of Norwalk Wilton was called in to remediate the damage. We will be providing a few different services in this case. First, we will be packing up contents and belongings to store while other work is being done. We will also be cleaning the soot off the walls, as well as deodorizing the area from the smoke smell. Then, reconstruction can begin on the actual frame of the house.
To avoid a similar disaster, remember to keep all flammable objects out of direct sunlight where they may get too hot.