Electrical Safety Questionnaire
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, hire a certified electrician to inspect your home and to potentially update your electrical system:
- Before plugging in an appliance, do you first unplug another appliance to prevent tripping a circuit breaker or blowing a fuse?
- Because you don’t have enough outlets, do you run multiple extension cords or plug multiple cords into a single outlet?
- ïDo your lights dim when you use certain appliances?
- Are your small appliances like toasters or irons slow to heat?
- Because you don’t have enough three- or four-way light switches, do you enter rooms and stairways in darkness?
- Are your furniture arrangements limited because your electrical outlets are limited?
The name of the prevention game for electrical fires: don’t overload, don’t use old, don’t abuse your electrical cords, plugs, and outlets. You don’t want to experience the subsequent fire damage following an electrical fire. A qualified, licensed electrician can help you increase the capacity of your home’s electrical service or add new branch circuits, increasing the number of outlets and decreasing your furniture arrangements to accommodate a limited number of outlets.
If your Norwalk or Wilton home or business suffers damage from an electrical fire, do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Norwalk/Wilton. We have the skilled technicians and specialized equipment to get the job done thoroughly and rapidly.