Important Tips to Prevent Electrical Fire Damage in Norwalk
Contact SERVPRO of Norwalk after suffering fire damage. Read below to learn some tips for reducing your risk of electrical fires.
Residential electrical fires cause over 40,000 fires every year. The financial fallout of these fires easily tops $1 billion in property damage. This includes structural damage and loss of personal items. Whether you have fire damage from a defective appliance or faulty wiring, it can be near impossible to remediate with your own equipment. But you can take steps to stop the damage from occurring in the first place.
Reducing Electrical Fire Risks
- Use surge protectors when possible. When electrical outlets become overburdened, the risk of an electrical fire goes up exponentially. A surge protector defends against spikes in voltage that can lead to malfunction.
- Never leave electronics unattended. Heat-producing appliances like space heaters and irons should never be left unattended.
- Practice outlet safety. Keep the area around outlets free of combustible materials. This includes carpets, rugs, and papers.
If your Norwalk home or business requires fire damage remediation, SERVPRO of Norwalk/Wilton technicians are available 24/7 to address the issue. We specialize in remediating fire damage, and restoring your property to preloss condition.