Prepare For A Storm While You Can
Preparing for a storm, regardless of the season, is a full-scale effort. But it is important to protect homes and businesses alike.
- Keep a store of all important things like food, water, and medication on hand.
- Discuss an emergency escape plan. Make sure escape routes are clear at all times. Also designate a safe shelter area away from windows inside your home or business.
- Subscribe to your local weather alerts so you have as much notice as possible.
- If you have patio furniture, or any other items that could blow away in a storm, secure them indoors if a storm is coming.-
If there are trees that are close to your home or business, trim any branches that pose a risk of causing damage. If any trees are dead, have them removed, as these are very susceptible to fall if winds are high enough.
- If your roof has not been inspected in a while, you should have this service performed. This will alert you to any structural issues that you may have, which could lead to extra damage in the event of a storm.
We have the skilled technicians and specialized equipment needed for your commercial or residential storm damage remediation needs. That’s why SERVPRO of Norwalk/Wilton should be your first call. Contact us at 203.324.1642 for assistance.